A 14-year-old boy is far quieter than usual when he visits his physician's office. The nurse asks him if anything is wrong, and the boy replies that he did not make the cut for the football team. What would be most appropriate for the nurse to say?

A 14-year-old boy is far quieter than usual when he visits his physician's office. The nurse asks him if anything is wrong, and the boy replies that he did not make the cut for the football team. What would be most appropriate for the nurse to say?


a) "That's okay; you can try out for basketball in a few months."
b) "Don't let it get you down; sports are a waste of time, anyway."
c) "I'm really sorry; I know that must be a big disappointment."
d) "It's not that big of a deal; a lot of kids don't make the football team."


Answer: "I'm really sorry; I know that must be a big disappointment."



Learn More :