The nurse enters her patient's room to find the new mom crying softly. The nurse asks what is wrong. The mom says, "I had my heart set on breast-feeding and now my baby has a cleft lip. My dreams of breast-feeding him are destroyed." What should the nurse tell her patient about breast-feeding an infant with this diagnosis?

The nurse enters her patient's room to find the new mom crying softly. The nurse asks what is wrong. The mom says, "I had my heart set on breast-feeding and now my baby has a cleft lip. My dreams of breast-feeding him are destroyed." What should the nurse tell her patient about breast-feeding an infant with this diagnosis?




a) " You can still attempt breast-feeding; let me call a lactation consultant for you."
b) "I am so sorry your infant has that problem, maybe next time."
c) "I am so sorry, looks like bottle-feeding for you."
d) "Sometimes dreams do not come true."



Answer: " You can still attempt breast-feeding; let me call a lactation consultant for you."



Learn More :